20 Tips to Increase TrafficBy R.O.B On February 27, 2010 Under Traffic
Today I would like to introduce a nice list of twenty simple ways to increase traffic to your website, blog or landing page. Keep in mind that there are endless clever ways to improve the amount of traffic you’re receiving, but these points should help get you started and maybe give you some new ideas to work with.
1. Regularly write articles and have them submitted to various article directories.
2. Create eye-catching headlines & titles for your posts/articles for higher pageviews.
3. Make frequent posts. Regularly post to forums in your niche and drop signature links pointing to your site.
4. Network! Contact owners of other related sites and blogs. Talk to them over the phone, through Instant Messaging, or even e-mail. You can even explore the opportunity to attend different business events and keep the networking going. If they know who you are, it increases your chances of having a business relationship with them down the road.
5. Offer your visitors a free product or service for subscribing to your list, or just for stopping by. The most common types of gifts are e-books and software.
6. Check out other blogs in your niche and leave comments – this will result in good backlinks and traffic for your site.
7. Contact the owners of sites in your niche and inquire about a link exchange. Just make sure it’s a fair deal for both parties, and that your link is kept up.
8. Visit the Yahoo! Answers site and answer questions, providing a link to your website at the bottom.
9. Craigslist is becoming increasingly popular. Try submitting an ad on that site with your website in the listing.
10. If you offer a product or a service, send it to blog owners in your niche and ask them to review it on their site.
11. Continually submit your website to search engines, ping sites, standard directories and RSS directories. You can even submit your site to this blog – click here.
12. Have an opt-in form in a top position on your site and an auto-responder to handle the mailing list. This will ensure that people will return to the site for future offers and promotions. If you take a look at the top right of this blog, you’ll see the opt-in form… give it a try!
13. If you find products with Master Resell Rights (MRR) and offer them as free downloads throughout your site, you will certainly notice an increase in your traffic levels.
14. Constantly submit your posts and articles to social bookmarking sites. I recommend Digg, Mister Wong, Reddit, StumbleUpon, and Delicious. Hey – why don’t you try out social bookmarking by submitting this blog post! There’s a little widget at the bottom to do it.
15. Utilize social networking websites such as Twitter, Facebook and MySpace. Create an informative profile and include a link to your site. For more information on getting traffic from Twitter, check out my other post here.
16. Keep the world’s view of your blog up-to-date by using services like Ping-O-Matic to announce that your blog has been updated. If you’re using WordPress, you can have this done automatically.
17. Visit websites that allow you to post classified ads and distribute your link in the listings. Just make sure that you aren’t spamming these sites, or you’ll be banned and give your site a bad name. Did you know that you can submit your classified ads to this blog for free? Click here.
18. If you offer a product or service, you may engage in affiliate marketing by allowing other people and websites to sell your products and keep a fraction of the earnings.
19. Consider engaging in a Joint Venture project. One such example would be to find a website owner in your niche who has a large mailing list. You could then work out a deal with that individual for being mentioned in an upcoming newsletter or for access to the list.
20. The biggest tip for increasing your traffic is to always be on the lookout for creative ideas to advertise. You could make clever business cards and ‘drop them’ in stores, businesses, bathrooms – anywhere! You could write your URL in the sand the next time you visit the beach. Always keep your eyes open for opportunities. You can also read another list I made here.